For so many people a property is the most asset we own, and it make sense to increase the value of what we have got, understanding of how much your property is worth is important for many reasons here you have some:
- Property tax: it is calculated by a local government where the property is located and paid by the owner of the property, it is the current market value that you should consider, undervaluing it you will pay a fine in the future overvaluing it you can find you are paying additional taxes every year.
- Insurance: if you are thing using the current market value or the original purchase price you will fall into the trap provided by a home insurance quote, this quote generally led to much higher, you should use the rebuilding cost when getting a home insurance quote. What would it cost you to rebuild your property if it has been destroyed?
- Selling: this is the most important reason that you should know the true market value of your property. A too high price will not sell quickly and may ‘go stale’ in the market, an underpriced property will not give you the best return on your investment. You should talk to a property professional and get their expert option.
Here you will find 6 useful tips to make your property value higher.
Smarten up your home’s exterior:
A first impression with the exterior of your home is the first step you should think, you never have a second chance to make it.
So, let’s start sprucing up your garden with a well-groomed front yard to add a property’s street appeal.
If it is brick, make sure that any cracks in the mortar are filled and finally if your home is painted make sure the paint surfaces are clean and attractive.
Fix all the superficial defects: Small defects will not directly affect the value of your property, but they will make it less attractive to potential buyers and therefore lower its valuation, here are some:
- Ceilings and walls: mold, cracks, water damages.
- Peeling paint.
- Squeaky or sticking doors and windows.
- Door latches.
- Loose tiles
- Broken or crack windows.
Upgrading your kitchen:
The kitchen is one of the most important communal areas of any home, buyers want a functional workspace that includes modern appliances, attractive taps, and bench tops.
It is a common mistake to overdo kitchen upgrades, but a sleek and modern kitchen will attract buyer and add to the value of your home.
As with kitchen upgrades a good bathroom space that is functional and aesthetically appealing, will attract buyers and therefore add value to your property.
Rather than a complete renovation, small repair like painting the walls and replacing the tile grout can works wonder.
Consider reglazing a Chipped bathtub or sink to make fixtures look like new.
Finish and renovations:
to ensure your valuation finish any renovation or handy work you have started. There are a lot of ‘gunnas’ out there, make sure you are going to finish the paint or complete the deck, do not start a renovation then go to the bank to get the money.
Hire a professional:
It is important to have an expert view and receive a professional advice to guide you through the correct path in your repairs and renovations.
Potential buyers want to see the space in the property is just as important, if not the more than the building so keep in mind that professional’s kwon works for each space, they make changes that can add tens of thousands to the sale price.
You do not have to spend millions renovating your property and get the most out value, sometimes you might have extra cash repainting the walls or hiring a professional.
Whatever your budget, locking down a valuation report with the best assessment is not as hard as you think.
If you are thinking increase your property value call us today and receive free, no-obligation quotes for any repair or renovation.